Creating customer testimonials for your social channels (Part 4/7)
HOW TO PICTURE YOUR AUDIENCE:
These folks are like your YouTube audience, but even more distracted, if not mostly checked out. This is you at the end of the day scrolling through your favorite platforms (e.g., Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter) on the couch. Before deciding which platform(s) to target with your ad(s), think of its demographics and if they align with the specific audience you want to reach. It’s not a one-size-fits-all when it comes to creating content for multiple social channels, and some will be more effective than others depending on your messaging, so you should create wisely with your audience in mind.
Hottake: Do you really need to be on all of these? Social channels are great for quick decision products, and to reinforce your brand, but if you’re a B2B seller offering a complex product, some platforms are more of a nice-to-have than a need-to-have.
- Visuals really matter here
- Make sure something grabs your audience's attention right away. As much as your client may not like it, a close up on their face might be the most engaging option.
- Make it in the aspect ratio format that matches the timeline
- 1x1 for Instagram, and 9x16 for Facebook, TikTok and Instagram Stories/Reels
- Make it short and clickable
- Lead to your webpage or a landing page that has longer format videos. If they take the extra step to go outside the social channel, it means they have to X out of your site instead of just scrolling past, and you can present more in-depth information once they’re there.
Advanced Tip: This is where influencers can make the biggest difference - viewers may not stop scrolling because they see your VP of Customer Success on their screen, but they might for a well-known influencer who endorses your product.
Want to learn more? Read The Ultimate Guide to Customer Video Testimonials.